Chocolate-Oat Toffee Bars
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter; stir in the flour, oats, brown sugar and corn syrup. Press into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- Bake at 450° for 8-12 minutes or until golden-brown. Place on a wire rack. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let stand for 5 minutes; spread chocolate over crust. Sprinkle with toffee bits and pecans. Refrigerate until chocolate is set.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 221 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 18, 2017
These bars were wonderful! They're very quick and easy to make and call for ingredients I always have on hand,
Feb 5, 2016
These are a rich bar! Followed directions exactly. The super thick chocolate on top makes this simple cookie bar into a decadent treat. This is also a great recipe to use if missing eggs as it requires none. As volunteer food editor for Taste of Home I enjoy making recipes that are quick to put together and don't require an extra trip to the store.
Jan 20, 2014
These are quick and delicious. I didn't have the quick-cooking oats so I had to substitute two packets of instant oatmeal (brown sugar-maple flavor). I knew that my husband wouldn't like a strong chocolate flavor so I used a combination of white, butterscotch & chocolate chips. My son and husband LOVED these. They are so good that it took all of my will-power to stop at two.
Jan 28, 2009
These are delicious and easy to make!