- 2/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup plus 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter,* divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter; stir in brown sugar and corn syrup until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in 1/4 cup peanut butter and vanilla until blended. Add the oats; mix well.
- Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes. Meanwhile, melt the chips and remaining peanut butter; stir in peanuts. Spread over crust. Refrigerate until cool; cut into bars. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forChocolate Oat Scotchies
"Yummy bars! But I don't think it's accurate that it makes 6 1/2 dozen servings. It's only a 9 x 13 inch pan you use, and I cut the bars into 24 pieces......one piece was a smallish serving."