Chocolate Oat Scotchies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup plus 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt the butter; stir in brown sugar and corn syrup until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in 1/4 cup peanut butter and vanilla until blended. Add the oats.
- Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a microwave oven, melt chips and remaining peanut butter; stir until smooth. Stir in peanuts. Spread over crust. Refrigerate until cool; cut into bars.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 203 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 8, 2011
Yummy bars! But I don't think it's accurate that it makes 6 1/2 dozen servings. It's only a 9 x 13 inch pan you use, and I cut the bars into 24 pieces......one piece was a smallish serving.