Chocolate Nut Torte
This recipe brings back pleasant memories of my childhood—my grandmother would make it when we'd come to visit. Now I prepare it for my own grandchildren.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 chocolate bar with almonds (7 ounces), broken into pieces
- 16 large marshmallows, quartered
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 45 wafers)
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional vanilla wafer crumbs, optional
- Place chocolate bar, marshmallows, almonds and milk in the top of a double boiler; melt over simmering water. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Sprinkle crumbs in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture; spread over crumbs. Sprinkle additional crumbs over top if desired. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 211 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 56mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Nut Torte in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.