Chocolate Nut Fudge Rolls Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 3 cups chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat. Add sugar, milk, honey and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cover and continue to boil for 2 minutes. Uncover and cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 240° (soft-ball stage). Remove from the heat; stir in vinegar.
- 2. Let cool to 110°. Add vanilla; beat vigorously until mixture thickens and loses it gloss, about 8-10 minutes. Turn onto a buttered baking sheet. Let stand until cool enough to handle. Knead for 2-3 minutes. Shape into 4-in. x 1-1/2-in. rolls. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; chill for 3-4 hours.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip rolls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Roll in nuts. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets and chill until firm. Cut into 1/4-in. slices. Yield: about 2-1/4 pounds.
2 ounce-weight: 394 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Nut Fudge Rolls
"I made two batches and both times, the mixture would not thicken and dull after beating and beating. It seems like there is too much honey. The second time, I let it cook a bit longer, just above 240.. This only made it crystallize."
"This is one of the most popular things I make for Christmas.Everyone raves about them."