- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 jar (13 ounces) Nutella, divided
- 20 caramels
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-3/4 cups chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- Whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 450°. Unroll pastry into a 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Press onto bottom and up sides of pan; trim pastry even with edge (discard trimmed pastry or save for another use). Generously prick bottom of crust with a fork. Bake 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons Nutella for topping; spread remaining Nutella into cooled crust. In a small saucepan, combine caramels and cream; cook over medium-low heat until blended, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in macadamia nuts. Spread evenly over Nutella.
- In a microwave, heat reserved Nutella until warmed; drizzle over filling. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. If desired, serve with whipped cream. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forChocolate-Nut Caramel Tart
"It is rich but delicious."
"This is extremely rich! I could only eat a tiny bite at a time with whipped cream to cut some of the sweetness. I think it would go over better made into small caramel sized bars or mini muffin size. Good flavor mixtures and very easy to prepare! I used a non-removable bottom pan and it came out just fine."
"This recipe is easy to make and is fantastic. I bought a new tart pan to make it. My guests enjoyed it!"