Chocolate-Nut Caramel Tart
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 jar (13 ounces) Nutella, divided
- 20 caramels
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-3/4 cups chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- Whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 450°. Unroll pastry into a 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Press onto bottom and up sides of pan; trim pastry even with edge (discard trimmed pastry or save for another use). Generously prick bottom of crust with a fork. Bake 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons Nutella for topping; spread remaining Nutella into cooled crust. In a small saucepan, combine caramels and cream; cook over medium-low heat until blended, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in macadamia nuts. Spread evenly over Nutella.
- In a microwave, heat reserved Nutella until warmed; drizzle over filling. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. If desired, serve with whipped cream.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 460 calories, 32g fat (8g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Sep 20, 2015
It is rich but delicious.
Jan 19, 2014
This is extremely rich! I could only eat a tiny bite at a time with whipped cream to cut some of the sweetness. I think it would go over better made into small caramel sized bars or mini muffin size. Good flavor mixtures and very easy to prepare! I used a non-removable bottom pan and it came out just fine.
Oct 15, 2013
This recipe is easy to make and is fantastic. I bought a new tart pan to make it. My guests enjoyed it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.