Chocolate Mousse Loaf
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 15 min.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3 egg yolks
- 16 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- RASPBERRY SAUCE:
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture.
- Pour into a 9x5-in. loaf pan that has been lined with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 8-10 hours.
- For sauce, place raspberries in a blender; cover and puree. Strain and discard seeds. Stir corn syrup into raspberry puree; refrigerate. Unmold mousse onto a serving platter; serve with raspberry sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 277 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 28, 2009
The Mousse is delicious. The recipe is a wreck. The online directions are not sufficient. I would not have been able to make the recipe if I didn't own the book it was published in.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.