Chocolate Monster Cookies
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 package (8 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the cornflakes, oats and coconut. (It may be necessary to transfer to a larger bowl to stir in the cornflakes, oats and coconut.) Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- 2. Shape dough into 1-1/2 inch balls and place in an airtight container, separating layers with waxed paper or parchment; refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- 3. To bake, place dough portions 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before baking. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until edges are browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
1 each: 143 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jun 6, 2013
I have made this recipe several times and every time it is a big hit. Love it, would not change a thing.
Apr 29, 2008My kids love this cookie and everyone else who tries them. I am definitely making them again. We like to make them BIG too. :)
Dec 31, 1969
I use peanut M&Ms instead of chocolate chips and nuts. It adds color, and the kids love it!