Chocolate Molasses Pork Roast
This new twist on pork roast has a rich molasses flavor with a tantalizing hint of chocolate. It’s easy to make, yet elegant enough for entertaining. Serve this with mashed potatoes so as not to waste a drop of the delicious gravy. —Avionne Huppert, Adams, New York
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- In a small bowl, mix the first 12 ingredients. Cut roast in half; place in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Pour sauce over top. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove pork to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices. Transfer juices to a small saucepan; bring to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into pan. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork.
Nutrition Facts5 ounces cooked pork with 1/3 cup sauce: 355 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 403mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein.
Originally published as Dynamic Chocolate Molasses Pork Roast in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.