Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon mint extract
- 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 4 teaspoons fat-free milk
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and oil until crumbly. Add egg; beat for 1 minute. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Gradually beat into sugar mixture. Add milk and mix well. (Dough will be sticky.) With lightly floured hands, roll dough into 3/4-in. balls.
- Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Flatten slightly with a glass coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 4-5 minutes or until edges are set and tops are cracked. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine butter and confectioners' sugar until crumbly. Beat in extract, food coloring if desired and milk. Spread on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies.
1 each: 122 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate, 1g fiber), 1g protein.