Indulging in a slice of this decadent dessert is like biting into a smooth truffle candy. You can vary the flavor by using raspberry-flavored baking chocolate chips.—Sally Sibthorpe, Shelby Township, Michigan
Recommended: 14 Chocolate-Strawberry Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) mint chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Whipped cream, additional mint chocolate chips and mint sprigs, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and 1/4 cup butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. tart pan. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the chips, sugar and vanilla; cover and process for 20 seconds or until chips are chopped. In a small heavy saucepan, heat cream and remaining butter until bubbles form around sides of pan. Drizzle over chopped chocolate while processing. Whisk a small amount of chocolate mixture into eggs; return all to food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour into tart shell. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until center is just set (mixture will jiggle). Cool completely on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Garnish with whipped cream, additional mint chips and mint sprigs if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Mint Truffle Tart in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p64