Chocolate Mint Torte
This frozen treat comes together in a snap. I melt chocolate-covered mint candies and mix them into the creamy filling for refreshing flavor. A cookie-crumb crust and a sprinkling of extra mint candies make it fun any time of the year.
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + freezing
- 27 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 ounces chocolate-covered peppermint candies
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional whipped cream and chocolate-covered peppermint candies
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat candies and milk over low heat until candy is melted; stir until smooth. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Place marshmallow creme in a large bowl; gradually beat in mint mixture. Fold in whipped cream. Transfer to prepared crust. Cover and freeze until firm. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- Remove from the freezer about 30 minutes before serving. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with additional whipped cream and candies.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Junior Mints.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 329 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Mint Torte in Quick Cooking November/December 2003
Mar 24, 2010
I made this for a dinner party and all the guests loved it! I particularly enjoyed how I could make it ahead of time.~ Theresa
Nov 30, 2008
So very delicious! Just the right minty flavor and very light