Chocolate Mint Torte
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + freezing
- 27 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 ounces chocolate-covered peppermint candies
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional whipped cream and chocolate-covered peppermint candies
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat candies and milk over low heat until candy is melted; stir until smooth. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Place marshmallow creme in a large bowl; gradually beat in mint mixture. Fold in whipped cream. Transfer to prepared crust. Cover and freeze until firm. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- Remove from the freezer about 30 minutes before serving. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with additional whipped cream and candies.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 329 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 24, 2010
I made this for a dinner party and all the guests loved it! I particularly enjoyed how I could make it ahead of time.~ Theresa
Nov 30, 2008
So very delicious! Just the right minty flavor and very light