- 27 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/3 cup chocolate-covered mint candies*
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional whipped cream and chocolate-covered mint candies
- In a bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat mint candies and milk over low heat until mints are melted; stir until smooth. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Place marshmallow creme in a mixing bowl; gradually beat in mint mixture. Fold in whipped cream. Transfer to prepared crust. Cover and freeze until firm. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- Remove from the freezer about 30 minutes before serving. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with additional whipped cream and candies. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forChocolate Mint Torte
"I made this for a dinner party and all the guests loved it! I particularly enjoyed how I could make it ahead of time.~ Theresa"
"So very delicious! Just the right minty flavor and very light"