This minty chocolate dessert tastes so light and refreshing. For fun, you can add some tempting finishing touches to the dessert parfaits. Top them with shaved chocolate, nuts or crumbled cookies. Or you can substitute vanilla or banana pudding.—Karalee Reinke, Omaha, Nebraska
Recommended: 20 Super Cool Icebox Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon cold 2% milk, divided
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Mint Andes candies, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk 2 cups milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; set aside. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, extract and remaining milk. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spoon half of the pudding into four parfait glasses. Top with half of cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Garnish with candies if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Mint Parfaits in Country Woman July/August 2002, p39
Reviews forChocolate Mint Parfaits
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 21, 2012
"This was just great.We enjoyed it!"