Chocolate Mint Freeze
From Thorp, Wisconsin, Miriam Miller sends this creamy five-ingredient treat. Loaded with chocolate flavor and a hint of peppermint, frosty servings are great for small get-togethers. Store any leftovers in the freezer for whenever your sweet tooth comes calling.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Stir in chocolate chips. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add peppermint extract; beat until soft peaks form. Fold into pudding.
- Transfer to an ungreased 8-in. square dish. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 206 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Mint Freeze in Quick Cooking September/October 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.