Chocolate Mint Delights
I tuck a chocolate-covered peppermint patty into every one of these rich cookies. The drizzle on top adds a nice touch. I revised a brownie recipe to create these take-along treats. —Heather Sandberg, Waukesha, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 24 bite-size chocolate-covered peppermint patties
- 18 bite-size chocolate-covered peppermint patties
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Shape dough into two 6-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap dough and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place one slice on waxed paper; top with a peppermint patty and a second dough slice. Press edges of dough together to completely cover the peppermint patty. Repeat.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 11-13 minutes or until set, watching carefully. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- For icing, in a microwave, melt peppermint patties and butter; stir until smooth. Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; fill with icing. Pipe over cookies as desired.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Pearson's Mint Patties.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 261 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.