Chocolate Mint Cream Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups crushed chocolate-covered mint cookies
- 3 to 4 tablespoons hot water
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6 to 10 drops green food coloring, optional
- Set aside 2 tablespoons cookie crumbs for garnish. In a small bowl, combine remaining crumbs with enough hot water to make crumbs spreadable. Spread over the graham cracker crust; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in the sugar, milk and extract until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- If food coloring is desired, divide mixture in half and add coloring to one half. Alternately spoon mounds of plain and colored mixture into crust; swirl with a knife. Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 413 calories, 22g fat (13g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 234mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 8, 2016
This pie was okay. Easy to make, pleasing green color, but it honestly tasted exactly like toothpaste.
Dec 30, 2011
My mom has made this for years. It is light and not overpowering. I'm not usually a fan of desserts like this, but I make sure to get a slice of this stuff!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.