- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring
- 1 package (10 ounces) mint chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in syrup and vanilla. Add flour and salt; mix well.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 30 minutes (top of brownies will still appear wet). Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar; add water, extract and food coloring until blended. Spread over cooled brownies. Refrigerate until set.
- For topping, melt chocolate chips and butter. Cool 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spread over filling. Chill. Cut into bars. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 5-6 dozen.
Reviews forChocolate Mint Brownies
"Was not impressed with the "brownie" so I remade it with my own brownie recipe then followed accordingly. Very good the second time with a different brownie mix otherwise it's more of a cake texture. I only gave a 2 due to having to change the whole base of the recipe for it to be considered a brownie but it was good both ways. Also I used half chocolate and half mint chips for the topping the second time so the mint wasn't so over powering!"
"Very good! I use creme de menthe since that was in the recipe given to me. I have also used cherry syrup to make the middle layer red for Valentines or red and green for Christmas. Both are very good."
"This was not good. The brownie was absolutely NOT a brownie - more gummy than cake. The mint chips are unnecessary - the mint was overpowering. I knew something was not right when I saw the consistency of the batter going into the pan. Triple checked measurements"
"Not like a traditional brownie. More like a moist cake, but still delicious!"
"I used a Ghirardelli box brownies and followed the recipe for the rest. They were excellent and a huge hit with everyone."
"These brownie have been a family fav for 40 yrs with a title "Creme de menthe brownies"and is must have for hoildays!. It uses Creme de Menthe and couple drops extract for filling flavor. Make the brownie from scratch, it has a great taste texture, differnet than a box brownie!"
"What is chocolate syrup I am from Canada"
"I made these last week and since I was in a hurry I used a Family Size brownie mix. For the filling I used 1 stick butter, 3 C. powdered sugar and 4 T green Creme de Menthe. They were great."
"can you please tell me of an alternative to canned chocolate syrup. I am from Australia, would love to make these sound yummy."