Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake with Brown Sugar Frosting Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- BROWN SUGAR FROSTING:
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1-3/4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa and baking soda. Add water, mayonnaise and vanilla; beat at medium speed until thoroughly combined. Pour into a greased 9-in. square or an 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool completely.
- 2. For frosting, melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in brown sugar; cook and stir until bubbly. Remove from the heat and stir in milk. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; beat by hand until frosting is of spreading consistency. Immediately frost cake. Yield: 9-12 servings.
1 piece: 416 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 354mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake with Brown Sugar Frosting
"The cake isn't sweet enough and frosting way to thick to spread. Threw in the garbage."