Chocolate Marvel Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) prune baby food
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2-2/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine 3 containers baby food, coffee, milk, egg whites and vanilla; beat until well blended. (Save remaining container of baby food for another use.) Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to coffee mixture. Beat for 2 minutes or until well blended (batter will be thin).
- Pour into two 9-in. round baking pans that have been coated with cooking spray and lightly floured. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until cake pulls away from sides of pan. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, cream the butter, sugar and cocoa. Gradually add the milk, coffee and vanilla; beating well. Frost between layers and over top and sides of cake.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 306 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 614mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
May 13, 2015
INCREDIBLE! Extremely moist and delicious. I made a homemade strawberry frosting to ice cake and it was like a chocolate covered strawberry! Everyone enjoyed it! I have even swapped out the flour for a gluten free rice blend with excellent results.
Sep 6, 2009
My son always requests a chocolate cake for his birthday. This year I whipped up this yummy cake. WOW! Will definately make this again!
Aug 10, 2009
This is better than regular chocolate cake! I love it and so does everyohe else who tries it! It is incredibly moist and delicious!
Jun 21, 2009
its 2 4 0z gars of baby food prunes
Oct 22, 2008
I would like to make this cake today. I am not sure about the amounts of baby food. The ingredient list states 2 5oz packages, but the directions say 3 containers. Which is right?