- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 jars (4 ounces each) pureed prune baby food
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2-2/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, combine coffee, milk, baby food, egg whites and vanilla; beat until well blended. Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to coffee mixture. Beat for 2 minutes or until well blended (batter will be thin). Pour into two 9-in. round cake pans that have been coated with cooking spray and lightly floured. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until cake pulls away from sides of pan. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a mixing bowl, cream margarine, sugar and cocoa. Gradually add the milk, coffee and vanilla; beating well. Frost between layers and top and sides of cake. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forChocolate Marvel Cake
"its 2 4 0z gars of baby food prunes"
"I would like to make this cake today. I am not sure about the amounts of baby food. The ingredient list states 2 5oz packages, but the directions say 3 containers. Which is right?"