Chocolate Marshmallow Sundaes
I’ve been making these sundaes since the 1950s and have yet to find a commercial ice cream treat that equals them in flavor and velvety texture.—Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups marshmallow creme
- 2/3 cup whipped cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 12 maraschino cherries
- In a large bowl, beat cream, milk, chocolate syrup and vanilla until soft peaks form. Transfer to a 9-in. square pan. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- In each of 12 dessert dishes, place 3 tablespoons frozen mixture and 1 tablespoon marshmallow creme; repeat layers. Top each with 2 teaspoons syrup, scant tablespoon whipped cream, 1 teaspoon almonds and cherry. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 358 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 69mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Velvet Marshmallow Sundae in Country Woman August/September 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.