I’ve been making these sundaes since the 1950s and have yet to find a commercial ice cream treat that equals them in flavor and velvety texture.—Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
Recommended: 28 Gooey, Chewy, Delicious Ways to Love Marshmallows
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups marshmallow creme
- 2/3 cup whipped cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 12 maraschino cherries
- In a large bowl, beat cream, milk, chocolate syrup and vanilla until soft peaks form. Transfer to a 9-in. square pan. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- In each of 12 dessert dishes, place 3 tablespoons frozen mixture and 1 tablespoon marshmallow creme; repeat layers. Top each with 2 teaspoons syrup, scant tablespoon whipped cream, 1 teaspoon almonds and cherry. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Marshmallow Sundaes in Country Woman August/September 2010, p43