Chocolate Malted Ice Cream Recipe
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate malted milk powder
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup malted milk balls, coarsely crushed
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, combine the eggs, sugar and malted milk powder. Gradually add milk. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Stir in vanilla. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 2. Stir in cream and malted milk balls. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or firm up in your refrigerator freezer 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 2 quarts.
1/2 cup: 366 calories, 27g fat (16g saturated fat), 154mg cholesterol, 129mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Malted Ice Cream
"This is great! The family loved it."
"Your going to love this! My family did!"