Chocolate Malted Bread Pudding
“Some leftover bread, an open can of chocolate syrup and a package of malted milk balls inspired this yummy recipe. Adding almonds gave the pudding a pleasing crunch,” writes Roxanne Chan from Albany, California.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 cup cubed day-old bread
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped malted milk balls
- 3 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons malted milk powder
- Whipped cream, optional
- Place the bread cubes in two 8-oz. ramekins coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with malted milk balls, chocolate chips and almonds. Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- In a blender, combine the milk, cream cheese, egg and malted milk powder; cover and process until smooth. Pour over bread cube mixture. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until mixture reaches 160°. Cool for 10 minutes before serving. Dollop with whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 439 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Malt Bread Pudding in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.