Chocolate Malt Shoppe Pie
I especially like serving this dessert at a cookout or at any event where there are children—it's always a big hit! —Beth Wanek, Little Chute, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup crushed malted milk balls
- 2 tablespoons milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons chocolate malted milk powder
- 3 tablespoons marshmallow creme
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Additional heavy whipping cream, whipped, optional
- Additional malted milk balls, optional
- Combine wafer crumbs and butter; press into an ungreased 9-in. pie pan. Freeze until set. Combine the ice cream, crushed malted milk balls and 1 tablespoon milk; spoon into crust. Freeze for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, combine the malted milk powder, marshmallow creme and remaining milk. Add cream; whip until soft peaks form. Spread over ice cream layer. Freeze for several hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, garnish each serving with additional whipped cream and malted milk balls if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 410 calories, 27g fat (16g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 286mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Malt Shoppe Pie in Country Woman November/December 1991
Feb 8, 2014
What is marshmallows creme and chocolate malted milk powder. And v where do u get it?
Aug 31, 2011
This pie is absolutley amazing!!! Straight to my recipe box!!!
Jul 5, 2009
is there any Makeover for this receipe???? since i am the diabetes.... thanks