Chocolate Malt Desserts
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup malted milk powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 6 malted milk balls, chopped
- 6 maraschino cherries
- In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate and vanilla until smooth.
- Transfer to six dessert dishes, about 1/3 cup in each. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Garnish each serving with 2 tablespoons whipped topping, 1/2 teaspoon chopped malted milk balls and a cherry.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 239 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Feb 2, 2012
It was tasty, but the malt was completely overwhelmed by the chocolate (delicious as the chocolate was!).
Feb 2, 2012
This is an excellent recipe just as it is but also excellent when cocoa is cut in half or omitted altogether...tried t all 3 ways with great results
Jan 26, 2012
My husband is a diabetic so I did end up using Splenda and Hershey's sugar free chocolate chips to cut down on the sugar. Tasted amazing! Thanks so much for the recipe.
Aug 24, 2011
I agree this Chocolate Malt Dessert recipe if very good, but the malt flavor was overwhelmed by the chocolate. I love chocolate but was really looking forward to having the malt flavoring. Will make again but will omit the semisweet chocolate & cocoa powder and hope that the malt flavor stands out on it's own.
Jul 10, 2010
I made this pudding last night and it was wonderful! I wouldn't change any thing about the recipe. Find malt near the choc. milk powdered mixes at your grocery store.