Chocolate-Mallow Peanut Candy
“I've brought these bars to many bake sales and they're always a hit," says Karen Perry from Askov, Minnesota. "They taste just like candy and are so easy and quick. Pastel marshmallows add a pretty springtime touch!"
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 package (10 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) pastel miniature marshmallows
- 1-3/4 cups salted peanuts
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chips and peanut butter; stir until smooth. Add the marshmallows, peanuts and cereal; mix well.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 121 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 53mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Nut Goodie Bar in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008
Sep 23, 2011
I took this to a Christmas potluck at work and it went over well. Three co-workers asked for the recipe! It is very good!
Jan 13, 2011
are you sure of the carb count on this recipe?