These sweet and yummy treats are easy for kids to help make. They will especially enjoy using the M&M’s to make the faces into a wide variety of expressions—silly, happy and yes, even scary!—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Featured In: Creepy Crawly Halloween Party
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (14 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup egg whites (about 6)
- M&M's miniature baking bits
- Red decorating frosting
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Cool. In a large bowl, beat the coconut, sugar and egg whites until combined. Beat in melted chocolate. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Drop by tablespoons 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until tops feel dry. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Using baking bits and frosting, create faces on cookies. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Macaroon Critters in Halloween Party Favorites 2008, p18
Reviews forChocolate Macaroon Critters
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review