Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
This recipe is from my daughter, who's a terrific cook. The caramel glaze makes it impossible to eat just one.—Arliene Hillinger, Rancho Palos Verdes, California
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- CARAMEL GLAZE:
- 12 caramel candies
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- In a bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla. Add egg. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- For glaze, melt the caramels and cream in a saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 439 calories, 30g fat (12g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies in Taste of Home December/January 1994