- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 jar (3-1/2 ounces) macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour. Stir in nuts (dough will be stiff); set aside.
- For filling, melt chocolate chips. Stir in nuts; cool slightly. Drop by 1/2 teaspoonfuls onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Shape teaspoonfuls of dough around each piece of chocolate-nut mixture so it is completely covered. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool on wire racks. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forChocolate Macadamia Meltaways
"A beautiful "chocolate Macadamia Meltaways" recipe. It does use the jarred Macadamia nuts from Hawaii - which make the recipe very expensive! The yield is only 30 cookies!"
"These cookies were so easy to make and tasted wonderful!"