Chocolate-Macadamia Freezer Pie
The rich filling for this make-ahead pie resembles chocolate mousse. Macadamia nuts in both the filling and crust are a nice touch.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 1-1/4 cups crushed chocolate wafers
- 2 cups finely chopped macadamia nuts, divided
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, 1/2 cup nuts and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar until smooth. Add chocolate and vanilla; mix well. Stir in the remaining nuts.
- In another bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Gradually add the remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold into the chocolate mixture. Spoon into crust. Cover and freeze for several hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 772 calories, 62g fat (29g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 348mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate-Macademia Freezer Pie in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.