- 1-1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 25 wafers)
- 1/4 cup ground macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 squares (1 ounce each) white baking chocolate
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 8 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate
- 7 tablespoons whipping cream
- White chocolate shavings and chopped macadamia nuts
- In a bowl, combine wafer crumbs, nuts and sugar; stir in butter and almond extract. Press onto the bottom of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 325°.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt white chocolate, stirring frequently until smooth. Cool. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add flour; mix well. Add eggs and vanilla; beat on low speed just until combined. Remove 1 cup and set aside. Stir melted white chocolate into remaining cream cheese mixture; beat just until combined. Pour over crust.
- Melt chocolate chips; cool slightly. Stir in reserved cream cheese mixture; drop by spoonfuls over filling. Cut through filling with a knife to swirl chocolate mixture.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour longer.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt semisweet chocolate with cream; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Spread over cheesecake. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with chocolate shavings and macadamia nuts. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forChocolate Macadamia Cheesecake
"We made this for Thanksgiving at my mom's house. It was yummy, but I didn't get a much of a taste of the Macadamia nut. I would like to see it used more prominently in the recipe."