Chocolate Lover’s Dream Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat the oil, butter and sugars until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and baking powder; gradually add to oil mixture and mix well. Stir in chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 112 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 19mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 14, 2019
declared by my stepdad to be "the best chocolate cookies i've ever had" my only change was that i only had mini chocolate chips on hand so thats what i used in place of the regular and white chips. if yours were dry, you either baked them too long or your oven temp is off. i keep a thermometer in my oven, and these were spot on in the time listed.
Sep 15, 2015
The feedback I got was that they were on the dry side. You couldn't really tell if there was white chocolate in the cookie.
Oct 30, 2014
Jul 9, 2013
My cookies turned out dry. I felt the 350 oven was too hot so I tried my second batch at 325 but they were also dry. I added 1 cup nuts in place of the chocolate chips. I don't understand why my cookies were dry when other reviews say they were moist.
May 30, 2013
I love that these are full of chocolate flavor and nice and chewy.
Feb 23, 2013
These were so easy to prepare and were absolutely delicious!!
Jan 18, 2011
We loved these cookies! I doubled the batch and made some subtitutions. I used 1/2 cup of wheat flour instead of all the white flour and used 1 TBS ground flaxseed instead of 1 of the eggs. (Put ground flaxseed in 3 TBS water - let stand 2 minutes and use just like an egg.
Dec 17, 2010
Great recipe! I brought them to a party and they were a hit. Easy to make, too.
Oct 26, 2010
My new favorite cookie recipe! OMG the name of these cookies is so right on! I made them with dark cocoa . . . so they were even MORE chocolately! Chocolate heaven for sure!
May 14, 2010
Very delicious! I brought these to work and heard nothing but raves. If you like chocolate, you'll love these cookies.