Chocolate Linzer Torte Stars
Wanting a treat that tastes like traditional linzer torte without the time commitment, I came up with these simple, sensational cookies. They have the nuts and chocolate with a filling of bright raspberry preserves—festive enough for any holiday gathering. —Edwina Gadsby, Hayden, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 5 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) sugar cookie mix
- 1/3 cup ground hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°. Whisk first six ingredients. Stir in butter, egg and vanilla until blended.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. star-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until set, 5-7 minutes. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread preserves on bottoms of half of the cookies; cover with remaining cookies. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich cookie: 238 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.