Chocolate Lemon Cream Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, butter and egg on low speed until combined. Stir in walnuts. Set aside 1 cup for topping. press the remaining mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the milk, egg, lemon juice and zest until blended. Pour over the crust. Crumble reserved cake mixture over the top.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until set. Cool completely before cutting. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 116 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 129mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 9, 2019
Goes great with coffee. I think 2 eggs instead of 1 are needed in the chocolate base ingredients though. I let the single large egg called for come to room temperature for its binding affect, but chocolate base was difficult to work with, then baked product was a little messy with some crumbling.