- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 24 large marshmallows
- 6 milk chocolate candy bars with almonds (1.45 ounces each), chopped
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cool.
- For filling, in a small saucepan, combine the marshmallows, candy bars and milk. Cook and stir over low heat until marshmallows are melted. Transfer to a small bowl; cool to room temperature. Fold in 3/4 cup whipped topping.
- Cut cake horizontally into three layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with a third of the filling. Repeat layers twice. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Frost top and sides of cake with remaining whipped topping. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forChocolate Layered Angel Food Cake
"I thought the cake was good, but my filling was very runny. What did I do wrong?"
"Family loved it!!! Will make again."