The creamy chocolate filling of this tall, impressive cake will make a hit at any party. It will be a perfect birthday cake for anyone.—Teri Roberts, Hilliard, Ohio
Recommended: 30 Vintage Cakes Like Grandma Used To Make
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 24 large marshmallows
- 6 milk chocolate candy bars with almonds (1.45 ounces each), chopped
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cool.
- For filling, in a small saucepan, combine the marshmallows, candy bars and milk. Cook and stir over low heat until marshmallows are melted. Transfer to a small bowl; cool to room temperature. Fold in 3/4 cup whipped topping.
- Cut cake horizontally into three layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with a third of the filling. Repeat layers twice. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Frost top and sides of cake with remaining whipped topping. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Heavenly Angel Food Cake in Taste of Home August/September 2009, p14
Reviews forChocolate Layered Angel Food Cake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 25, 2009
"I thought the cake was good, but my filling was very runny. What did I do wrong?"
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2009
"Family loved it!!! Will make again."