Chocolate Lava Cakes
Since this dessert is served hot, you can bake it while you enjoy your main course. And it’s easy to increase the recipe to serve more people. It’s a great choice for chocolate lovers. —Heidi Wilcox, Lapeer, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup superfine sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white baking chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- Grease the bottom and sides of two 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a microwave, melt semisweet chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, egg and flour; stir in chocolate mixture. Fold in white baking chips. Spoon batter into prepared ramekins.
- Bake at 400° until a thermometer reads 160° and cake sides are set, about 15-20 minutes. Remove ramekins to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes. Invert onto serving plates; dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 cake: 635 calories, 40g fat (24g saturated fat), 169mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (61g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.