- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup superfine sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white baking chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- Grease the bottom and sides of two 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a microwave, melt semisweet chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, egg and flour; stir in chocolate mixture. Fold in white baking chips. Spoon batter into prepared ramekins.
- Bake at 400° until a thermometer reads 160° and cake sides are set, about 15-20 minutes. Remove ramekins to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes. Invert onto serving plates; dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forChocolate Lava Cakes
"This didn't work very well for me. The white chips didn't melt at all, and the flavor wasn't that great."