Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 quart whole milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, combine first six ingredients. Cook until thickened. Add evaporated milk; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and cool. Add vanilla. Pour into the cylinder of an ice cream freezer; add enough milk to fill cylinder 3/4 full. Freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Yield: about 2-1/2 quarts.
1/2 cup: 148 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 44mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Ice Cream
"The directions were a little hard to follow, but the ice cream turned out great!"
"We had a problem with the egg and the flour. Maybe you're supposed to whisk the hot mixture into the flour? And take the hot mixture off the stove before adding the egg?"
"My husband and I had never made ice cream before, but this was really easy and quite tasty! Next time, we're thinking about using half and half instead of milk for the final filler."
"The recipe ingredients say "1 eggs" which makes me wonder if there's an error. Is it one egg, or supposed to be more than one?"
"Yum! I used this recipe with cream instead of milk, and also added chopped mint chocolates. I enjoyed it both with and without the chocolates, and got rave reviews from friends. A definite keeper!"