Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches
These cute chewy cookies made with two kinds of chocolate form a perfect sandwich for vanilla ice cream...or any flavor ice cream you prefer. I really enjoy making desserts for my family, and this one hits the spot on hot Texas days. -Michelle Wolford San Antonio, Texas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
Makes8 ice cream sandwiches
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets, forming 16 cookies. Flatten slightly with a glass. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- To make ice cream sandwiches, spread a 1/4 cup of ice cream on bottoms of half of the cookies; cover with remaining cookies. Wrap each in plastic wrap; freeze on a baking sheet overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 317 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 254mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.