- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets, forming 16 cookies. Flatten slightly with a glass. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- To make ice cream sandwiches, spread a 1/4 cup of ice cream on bottoms of half of the cookies; cover with remaining cookies. Wrap each in plastic wrap; freeze on a baking sheet overnight. Yield: 8 ice cream sandwiches.
Reviews forChocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches
"The kids loved these."
"We love these a ice cream sandwiches or just as cookies!"