Chocolate Ice Cream Roll Recipe
Since my husband is not a cake fan, I need to be creative when making his birthday dessert. This year, I came up with this ice cream roll. It went over big with everyone...including our little daughter, Kaitlynn. A mint sprig makes a pretty garnish.
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 quart Add New Ingredient(cookies and cream ice cream), softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks, baking powder and salt until thick and lemon-colored. In another large mixing bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Fold into egg yolk mixture. Combine flour and cocoa; fold into egg mixture. Stir in extracts.
- 2. Spread into a greased and parchment paper-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes. Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off parchment paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. Unroll cake; spread ice cream evenly over the cake to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up again. Cover and freeze until firm.
- 4. For frosting, in a mixing bowl, combine sugar and cocoa; beat in the milk, butter and vanilla until smooth. Spread over cake roll. Cut into slices. Freeze leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
1 slice: 377 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Ice Cream Roll
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC