"I keep the ingredients for these frosty chocolate pies on hand during the summer," writes Wendy Bognar of Sparks, Nevada. "They're so quick to assemble. My husband and kids love them."
Recommended: 25 Light Chocolate Dessert Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream, melted
- 1 package (5.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 graham cracker crusts (10 inches each)
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk melted ice cream and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Pour into crusts. Freeze until firm.
- Pies may be frozen for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 2 pies (6-8 servings each).
Originally published as Chocolate Ice Cream Pie in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p55
Reviews forChocolate Ice Cream Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2016
"Very tasty & chocolate-y!"
Reviewed Jun. 28, 2008
"I used sugar free ice cream&pudding mix[diabetic in the family] made 1 pie made small tartlet pies. they were great. will make again. thanks;"