- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 4 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons butter (no substitutes)
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 24 whole hazelnuts
- 1 cup ground hazelnuts, toasted
- In a bowl, sift together confectioners' sugar and cocoa; set aside. In a saucepan, melt candy bars and butter. Add the cream and reserved cocoa mixture. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until mixture is thickened and smooth. Pour into an 8-in. square dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Using a melon baller or spoon, shape candy into 1-in. balls; press a hazelnut into each. Reshape balls and roll in ground hazelnuts. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forChocolate Hazelnut Truffles
"Decadent and rich! I took out the hazelnut inside, but it was still fantastic. Giving these as Christmas gifts this year."
"GREAT RECIPE. I DID MODIFY IT THE SECOND TIME I MADE IT THOUGH, AND ELIMINATED THE HAZELNUTS INSIDE, AND ADDED ORANGE EXTRACT TO THE MIXTURE. A HUGE HIT!!BRENDA SUTTERHOUSE SPRINGS, MO."
"Have made these for a few years. They are a hit. They compare to Ferre Roche"
"I made two batches of these this year for Christmas, this has become a new yearly tradition."