Your taste buds will be delighted to find these delicious tassies not filled with the standard pecans but with dark chocolate and hazelnuts. —Joan Ranzini, Waynesboro, Virginia
Featured In: 30 Recipes to Make with Nutella
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese, sugar and lemon peel. Beat in flour. Shape into 36 balls. With floured fingers, press onto the bottom and up the sides of ungreased miniature muffin cups.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat the Nutella, brown sugar, egg, butter and vanilla until blended. Stir in hazelnuts and chocolate chips. Fill prepared cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 375° for 16-18 minutes or until set. Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes. Carefully remove from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Hazelnut Tassies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p142
Reviews forChocolate Hazelnut Tassies
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2012
"Amazing i made them mmmmmmthank you for sharing the recipe"
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2012
"A yummy recipe. I make a similar pecan tassie at Christmas, and this recipe is a hit! Would not change a thing!"