Chocolate Hazelnut Tart
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Whipped cream and chocolate shavings, optional
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and lemon zest until creamy. Beat in flour just until combined.
- Shape dough into a disk. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Roll dough into an 11-in. circle. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, chocolate syrup and corn syrup. Pour into crust. Combine hazelnuts and chocolate chips; sprinkle over filling. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until center is almost set (center will set when cool). Cool on a wire rack.
- Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 363 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 4, 2011
Didn't have a tart pan so used a 9" Springform pan, running crust up the sides. Also used pecans, not toasted, instead of hazelnuts. Turned out FANTASTIC!! A HUGE hit with all guests!!
Nov 26, 2010
This is a great and easy recipe. I did not have a tart pan and ended up making it a pie, of which the bake time was longer. If you make a pie be sure to spray you pie plate with Bakers Secret or something comparable. Excellent pie for even the fussiest choco-holic!!!
Nov 21, 2010
This is a lovely finish to a meal. The crust dough needs to rest a little longer than 30 mins, mine was still way to soft. But all up, very nice and I will make again.
Nov 18, 2010
I THINK THAT THIS RECIPE IS GREAT