Chocolate Hazelnut Puddings
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 8 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup plus 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 4 ounces 53% cacao dark baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup ground hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Whipped cream
- Additional ground cinnamon, optional
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Grease six 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the chocolate, flour, hazelnuts, cracker crumbs, cinnamon and cloves.
- With clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold into chocolate mixture.
- Transfer to prepared ramekins. Place in a baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove ramekins from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- To unmold, run a knife around the rim of each cup and invert onto dessert plates. Serve warm with whipped cream. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon if desired.
Mar 23, 2014
Absolutely to die for! I served these with a hot fudge sauce over the top instead of whipped cream and they were wonderful! The hazelnuts add just the right amount of nutty flavor and for just the 2 of us, I halved the recipe and used the 6 6-oz custard cups for a smaller portion. Baked for 42 minutes and they were perfect!
Jan 17, 2014
Not worth the effort
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.