Chocolate-Hazelnut Cream Puffs
Chocoholic friends and family won't be able to resist these mini chocolate cream puffs filled with creamy, chocolate-hazelnut flavor. The tiny treats are as pretty as a picture and worth every mouthwatering bite.—Mary Lou Wayman, Salt Lake City, Utah
Total TimePrep: 50 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts or pecans, toasted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- Confectioners' sugar
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 2 tablespoons sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in Nutella and cream until blended. Stir in nuts. Cover and refrigerate.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa and remaining sugar. In a large saucepan, bring water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour mixture all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until set and browned. Remove to wire racks. Immediately split puffs open; remove and discard soft dough from inside. Cool completely.
- Spoon filling into cream puffs; replace tops. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts2 puffs: 303 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Hazelnut Chocolate Puffs in Country Woman January/February 2006